Does your whippet like to snack in the yard or play bitey face with his pack? Our new English Whippet Muzzle is for you. Made from sturdy but flexible non-toxic nylon plastic and leather straps, this muzzle is similar to our popular Double Padded Greyhound muzzle but without the leather padding and scaled down to whippet size. It has the lower-front blocked out with solid plastic to discourage snacking on things but generous airflow up top. Instead of leather padding across the nose it has a jointed, smooth plastic "bar" to prevent chafing.
- High Quality Nylon unibody for strength
- Integrated stool guard
- Adjustable to fit most whippet sizes or small dogs with a head shape similar to whippets
- Hard Wearing, flexible to avoid cracking or breaking and too strong to tear
- Double leather straps (under chin and behind head)
- Light and comfortable to wear - weighs a scant 2.25 ounces!
Also fits active breeds like Salukis and Jack Russell terriers!
If your dog isn't a Whippet, gauge proper fit by measuring your dog as shown in the Measuring Guide. This muzzle will fit dogs in these size ranges:
- Nose Length: 6 - 9 inches
- Head Size: 8 - 11 inches
- Muzzle Diameter: up to 8.5 inches
If your dog has Nose Length above 9 inches or a Head Size more than 11 inches, then this muzzle will fit with one of our extension straps. Muzzle Diameters over 8.5 inches should not use this muzzle as your dog must be able to open his mouth to pant and yawn.
The plastic basket may be cleaned with warm, soapy water, being careful not to get the leather components wet. If the leather does get wet (because some dogs like to play in the rain, too!), let it dry and then treat with a non-toxic leather conditioner.
Here is a fantastic 4-minute video showing how to teach your dog to tolerate having the muzzle put on:
Video showing how to properly fit a muzzle: