Is your whippet a bit snippy when he plays the chase game? Our light-weight muzzle keeps his teeth where they belong but doesn't interfere with his fun!
Imported from Ireland, our whippet muzzles made from flexible and strong nylon plastic are suitable for all sized whippets or similar small breeds. This muzzle is the same style as the Plastic Coursing/Racing muzzle for greyhounds but scaled down in size.
- High Quality Nylon with smooth riveted joints for strength
- Adjustable to fit most whippet sizes or small dogs with a head shape similar to whippets
- Hard Wearing, flexible to avoid cracking or breaking and too strong to tear
- Double leather straps (under chin and behind head)
- Light and comfortable to wear
Popular with other active breeds like Salukis and Jack Russell terriers!
If your dog isn't a Whippet, gauge proper fit by measuring your dog as shown in the Measuring Guide. This muzzle will fit dogs in these size ranges:
- Nose Length: 6 - 9 inches
- Head Size: 8 - 11 inches
- Muzzle Diameter: up to 8.5 inches
If your dog has Nose Length above 9 inches or a Head Size more than 11 inches, then this muzzle will fit with one of our extension straps. Muzzle Diameters over 8.5 inches should not use this muzzle as your dog must be able to open his mouth to pant and yawn.
The plastic basket may be cleaned with warm, soapy water, being careful not to get the leather components wet. If the leather does get wet (because some dogs like to play in the rain, too!), let it dry and then treat with a non-toxic leather conditioner.
Here is a fantastic 4-minute video showing how to teach your dog to tolerate having the muzzle put on:
Video showing how to properly fit a muzzle: