You may also like these related products:
Do you want a muzzle that's light as a feather? If you don't, your dog sure does!
Imported from Ireland, these plastic coursing/racing dog muzzles are light and sturdy. There are extra holes in the straps which allow for adjustment to suit both male and female greyhounds. Weighs a feather-light 3 ounces, so light your dog will forget he's wearing it!
All our coursing basket muzzles are made of one piece nylon and have rivets only on the sides. They are very smooth on the inside with no rough edges.
- Single Piece Nylon Construction
- Double leather straps (under chin and behind head)
- Rivets only on the sides, and smoothed inside
- Adjustable to fit any size greyhound, galgo or breed with similar size and head shape
- Light and comfortable to wear
- Extra close spacing between the plastic "bars" around the mouth are ideal protection for dogs who are fussy about who approaches them while still providing perfect air flow
- Top edge of muzzle starts slightly further down the nose compared to American style muzzles, so it doesn't jam into the dog's eyes when lying down
Fits medium to large greyhounds, galgos or other breeds with a long snout.
Our Double Padded muzzle is popular with non-greyhound active breeds like shepherds doing herding trials! If your dog isn't a greyhound, gauge proper fit by measuring your dog as shown in the Measuring Guide. This muzzle will fit dogs in these size ranges:
- Nose Length: 9 - 11 inches
- Head Size: 9 - 12 inches
- Muzzle Diameter: up to 12 inches
If your dog has Nose Length 11 - 17 inches or a Head Size 12 - 23 inches, then this muzzle will fit with one of our extension straps. Muzzle Diameters over 12 inches should not use this muzzle as your dog must be able to open his mouth to pant and yawn.
The plastic basket may be cleaned with warm, soapy water, being careful not to get the leather components wet. If the leather does get wet (because some dogs like to play in the rain, too!), let it dry and then treat with a non-toxic leather conditioner.
Here is a fantastic 4-minute video showing how to teach your dog to tolerate having a muzzle put on:
This video shows how to properly fit a muzzle: