Do you worry about taking your dog for rides in the car? Some jerk cuts you off, you slam on the brakes and your best friend nearly goes flying. But you've heard that none of the dog car restraint systems on the market actually keep your dog safe.
Actually... now one does!
Everybody needs to buckle up in the car for safety - even your best friend! We're proud to be able to offer you the first car restraint system for dogs that is actually crash tested!
Clickit Sport is Sleepypod’s next generation dog safety harness. Unique Infinity Loop design, in combination with an energy absorbing padded vest, is engineered to work together to distribute and reduce damaging forces in an accident without the need of additional hardware or attachment straps.
Sleepypod’s easy to use Infinity Loop system reduces additional attachment and detachment steps. Three points of contact reduce forward and lateral movement in the event of a collision or sudden stop. Two loops extend from the Infinity Loop system to provide attachment points for insertion through and then into the vehicle’s seatbelt.
Sizes are determined by chest measurement around a dog’s rib cage, just behind the front legs as shown in the sizing chart.
Due to the unique body types of Greyhounds, Whippets, Salukis, Afghan Hounds, and Borzoi, Sleepypod harnesses will not always properly fit these breeds. Sleepypod is looking into developing harnesses that will fit them in the near future.
- Small: 16.5-22 inches
- Medium: 22.5-28 inches
- Large: 28.5-34 inches
- Extra Large: 34.5-40 inches
- Three-point design for use in rear passenger seat secures a dog’s entire torso
- Broad, cushioned, energy absorbing vest for safety
- Quick connection and release
- Strength-tested, automotive grade materials
- Suitable for use as a walking harness
- Reflective strips for visibility at night
- Easy clean vest is made of luggage-grade, ballistic nylon
- Four sizes address a broad range of dog shapes and sizes
- Sleepypod will replace or provide a replacement discount on any pet carrier or safety harness damaged in an auto accident, regardless of the brand! See http://sleepypod.com/accident-replacement-program for details.
- Wipe exterior of the vest with a damp cloth
- Vacuum pet fur from neoprene portion of the vest
- For heavy soiling, hand wash Clickit Sport in cold water then line dry.
This video demonstrates the features and how to fit your dog:
Want more information about the crash testing process? Here is one of the Sleepypod tests: