You may also like these related products:
Do you want a muzzle that's light as a feather? If you don't, your dog sure does!
Imported from Ireland, these plastic coursing/racing dog muzzles are light and sturdy. There are extra holes in the straps which allow for adjustment to suit both male and female greyhounds. Weighs a feather-light 3 ounces, so light your dog will forget he's wearing it!
All our coursing basket muzzles are made of one piece nylon and have rivets only on the sides. They are very smooth on the inside with no rough edges.
- Single Piece Nylon Construction
- Double leather straps (under chin and behind head)
- Rivets only on the sides, and smoothed inside
- Adjustable to fit any size greyhound, galgo or breed with similar size and head shape
- Light and comfortable to wear
- Extra close spacing between the plastic "bars" around the mouth are ideal protection for dogs who are fussy about who approaches them while still providing perfect air flow
- Top edge of muzzle starts slightly further down the nose compared to American style muzzles, so it doesn't jam into the dog's eyes when lying down
Fits medium to large greyhounds, galgos or other breeds with a long snout.
Popular with non-greyhound active breeds like shepherds doing herding trials! If your dog isn't a greyhound, gauge proper fit by measuring your dog from ears to nose as shown in the image to the right. Dogs with heads 9 - 11 inches long can wear this muzzle.
If your dog has a larger head, or a snout 11 - 17 inches long, then this muzzle will fit with one of our extension straps. Fantastic for Borzoi or other long-snouted breeds!
Video showing how to properly fit a muzzle: